- Stoffwechsel Und Aktivität
- Open Access
Oxygen consumption of the lobster,Homarus americanus milne-edwards
- Donald W. McLeese1
© Biologischen Anstalt Helgoland 1964
1. Oxygen consumption by a group of 25 lobsters was essentially constant over a range of ambient oxygen concentrations from 1.0 to 8.5 mg/l. Consumption by groups of 35 and 50 lobsters at 15° C decreased as the concentration decreased.
2. Oxygen consumption by individuals at 10° and 15° C increased as the oxygen concentration increased.
3. Oxygen consumption increased as activity increased with crowding.
4. Oxygen consumption almost doubled after feeding.
5. Oxygen consumption per unit weight decreased with increasing size.
6. The average rate of oxygen consumption by individuals doubled over the temperature range 12° to 25° C.
7. Oxygen consumption in air at 6° to 25° C was much less than in water.
- Waste Water
- Water Management
- Water Pollution
- Oxygen Consumption